PE and Sport Premium Funding
PE and sports premium funding is provided by the government to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in Primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced therefore can only be spent on sustainable improvements to PE and Sport, as well as ensuring we provide high quality PE and sporting opportunities throughout the school.
We should use the funding to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport opportunities and activities which we already offer.
- Provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- Hire specialist PE teachers / qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions and increase pupils’ participation in sports activities with other schools.
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
There are five key indicators which schools should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 – 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
At St Peter’s School, we have researched and identified several areas which we aim to improve and enhance, using PE and Sport Premium funding, participation rates and achievement for all pupils in PE, sport and physical activity. We have developed an action plan to ensure this funding is invested to maximise the long-term impact of our PE, sport and physical activity provision for pupils and staff.
For the 2017/2018 PE and Sport Premium Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium Report please follow the link bellow:
2016/2017 PE and Sport Premium Funding:
Aims of Sports Funding 2016-17